Ironwood Springs Trail Rides
June 22 - August 31
- Ironwood Springs Ranch
- 7921 County Road 6 SW, Stewartville, MN 55976 United States
Scenic Trail Rides (Ages 8 and older)
Days and evenings during riding season
Step away from the hustle and bustle of the busy day and reduce the noise on one of Ironwood's scenic trail rides! Enjoy nature, flowers and wildlife on horseback near the banks of the Root River. Ironwood Springs has horses suited for every level of rider.
- Scheduled one hour trail rides are offered Friday/Saturday/Sunday and a few weekday evenings during the trail riding season. You can check the calendar below for available times and to book a ride.
- All rides must be scheduled in advance via online or call the barn
- The 2020 trail ride season will limit trail ride groups to 8 people or less. This allows our team to properly make sure that we have met the CDC guidelines involving cleaning and disinfecting because of the coronavirus.
- Groups larger than 8 must call to make a reservation
- Weather may dictate changes in the schedule. If rides are cancelled due to inclement weather, riders will be given a refund.
- Prior to Covid-19, Pony Rides have been available for youth ages 7 and under. This summer we will not be offering pony rides.
A new electronic waiver has been added to the trail ride registration process to provide a paperless process. When you receive the confirmation email, click on the provided link to fill out waivers for each rider (adults and youth). These should be completed before you arrive.
$30 per person. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled ride and respect others by following our directional signage.
For the safety of all riders and horses, the following rules apply:
- Must be 8 years of age or older (if under 8, pony rides are an option)
- Riders will witness a short riding demonstration (required for all riders) prior to the trail ride
- Riders arriving late to their scheduled ride forfeit their ride and payments
- Maximum weight is 225 pounds
- No double riders
- Close toed shoes only (no sandals)
- Long pants
- Helmets are available and required for riders under 18 years of age
- Liability Release Form must be signed for all horse related activities
- You can schedule as little as 1 person to ride but if there are less than 4 people signed up for any trail ride time, we reserve the right to ask you to reschedule. If you are unable to reschedule, we will refund your trail ride fee
- There will be maximum of 8 riders per trail ride during this time of Covid 19 restrictions
Liability Release Form must be signed for all horse related activities.
BJ Stoppelmoor, Equine Director