Live Music, Food, And More At Upcoming Event In SE Minnesota
Moms have special skills. One that I have is called the "OCD Radar". You'd probably never know it from looking at my family today, but we had a few years where hiding medications, knives, and holding my child for hours consumed most of my day. I usually knew if our day would be extra challenging if my OCD radar went off - meaning: if the handwashing started to get more intense or frequent, my child was having a rough day. And that was just one of the signs that his anxiety was taking over.
Mental Health Is Real and An Organization in Southeast Minnesota Is Here to Help
If you know someone who struggles with mental health, or you yourself have days when the anxiety takes over or depression kicks in, you aren't alone.
According to NAMIsemn.org, "1 in 5 American adults experience some form of mental illness in any given year. And across the population, 1 in every 20 adults is living with a serious mental health condition such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or long-term recurring major depression."
There are people everywhere that are struggling and to ensure that mental health is available for ALL, NAMI Southeast Minnesota is here. If you haven't heard of NAMI, they are here to help improve mental wellness through listening, advocating, informing and leading and have a ton of resources and information on their website. In fact, they have a fun kickoff event where you can learn more about NAMI and about resources that are available in this community.
Everything you need to know about the NAMIWalks Your Way Kickoff event in Southeast Minnesota
- WHAT: NAMIWalks Your Way Southeast Minnesota Kickoff
- WHERE: Dodge County Fairgrounds, Kasson, MN (Get Directions Here)
- WHO: The event is for mental health supporters from across the region and is for everyone, including kids!
- WHEN: Friday, June 16th, 2023 starting at 6:30 pm
- SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 6:30pm • Enjoy the band (LP and the 45s) and check out vendor tables
- 7:00pm • Program: learn why NAMIWalks matters and discover inspiration and hope
- 7:45pm • Listen to the band (dancing encouraged!), grab a bite, buy a luminary
- 8:30pm • Luminary walk begins
- 9:00pm • Event ends
- FUN FOR ALL: Everyone will love the live band, kids will enjoy the fun activities including a bounce house, and there will be food trucks with burgers, brats, hot dogs, fries, cheese curds and mini donuts – all the good summer fare
- LEARN MORE: RSVP for the fun NAMIWalks Kickoff and learn more at their website.
Save the Date because on Saturday, September 23rd in Rochester, NAMI is continuing the stigma-stompin’ journey. Everyone is invited to walk that day with family and friends, and gather donations to help ensure mental health is available to all. Learn more about the NAMIWalks on September 23rd at their website.
Townsquare Media cares about our community! Every year, we help the community in a variety of ways from supporting local fundraisers, to running daily public service messages, to creating digital community campaigns and hosting events attended by thousands.
Do you have a community event coming up or a fundraiser? Let us know! Contact us at email@example.com or fill out the form requesting more info at our Townsquare Cares page.