Rochester Symphony Director, Jere Lantz, Retiring After 40 Years
Jere Lantz, artistic director and conductor of the Rochester Symphony is retiring at the end of 2022 to spend more time with family and on various projects.
Lantz's career with the symphony in Rochester, Minnesota, began 40 years ago and in a letter said,
“I never dreamed when I came in 1980 that I would be here more than forty years, but they have been most rewarding and enjoyable years. I’m proud of all we have done to bring great music to life over that time.”
Jere Lantz Telling a Funny Story On Air
In 2020 Jere Lantz appeared on KROC-AM to talk about a promotion at the Rochester Public Library and told the story of The Missing Timpanist. Click play and enjoy!
The Maestro's list of accomplishments and leadership is impressive...
In addition to the RSOC,
- Lantz has served in Minnesota as Music Director of the Minneapolis Pops Orchestra, Minneapolis Chamber Symphony, Kenwood Chamber Orchestra, St. Cloud Symphony, and Minnetonka Choral Society.
- He has been interim conductor of the Winona Symphony and Mankato Symphony
- Assistant Music Director of the Minnesota Opera
- Founding Music Director of the Minnesota Opera Touring Company.
- He has guest conducted both the Minnesota Orchestra and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra.
- Jere Lantz has also conducted in Europe, Asia, and Latin America, and of course, around the USA, from East to West and North to South.
From 2015-2020, Lantz was also running the organization. From the KROC NEWS archives:
The longtime music director of the Rochester Symphony Orchestra and Chorale has been named the organization’s new president and CEO. Read More: Jere Lantz Takes Reins of Rochester Symphony |
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Play To Hear the Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio On Demand Podcast
Listen On-Demand with the Y105FM app, and on the following podcast platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify
I Wrote This A Year Ago, Did We Do Anyone Of It?
I wrote a story about what we'd never take for granted after the pandemic...and though we're still going through the pandemic, in many ways worse than before, a lot of people do act as if it's over. So...how'd we do?