Too Early? Famous Toy Store Launching For Christmas In Rochester
America's old toy store, FAO Schwarz, is coming to Rochester, Minnesota in mid-October with two locations in Rochester, inside Target North and Target south. Is October too early for Christmas? Asking for a friend.
Minnesota-based Target said last year's test went so well that they're making it much bigger this year, with four key points -
- Exclusive FAO Schwarz toys will be available only at Target stores, Target.com, and FAO store locations starting in October
- The assortment will feature more than 120 toys and a capsule collection celebrating the 160th anniversary of FAO Schwarz
- All Target store toy departments and Target.com will feature dedicated space for FAO Schwarz, with toy demonstrations planned throughout the holiday season
- Target’s holiday Bullseye’s Top Toys list will offer more exclusives and affordable gift options, with items starting at $14.99
What Kind of FAO Schwarz Toys Will Be At Target?
The "FAO Schwarz assortment" will be a wide range of toys, from about $10 to $150 (they promise there will be 50 toys under $20...but will there be a lot of those at each store? Time will tell).
According to Target, you'll be able to buy
- FAO Schwarz Style Runway 4-Sided Fashion Show Playset
- FAO Schwarz Ride On Train
- FAO Schwarz Makeup Vanity Mirror Set
- The Dance on Piano Mat (as featured in Big).
There's going to be a nostalgic collection, too, and that'll include a Hot Wheels Collector Set, Funko Toy Soldier Pop, FAO 160th Anniversary Teddy Bear, and UNO (oooh, Uno! Just kidding, Uno's great).
The real toy memories seem to come mostly from Christmas, "what'd you get?" kinda stuff. In honor of the Target/Fao Schwartz agreement, check out the top holiday toys from your birthday!
LOOK: The top holiday toys from the year you were born
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org