Body Found Along Frigid Southern Minnesota Freeway
Elko New Market, MN (KROC-AM News) - The body of a man was discovered this morning along I-35 near Northfield.
A news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Office says the deceased person was found near the entrance ramp to I-35 from Scott County Road 2 just east of the town of Elko New Market about 8 miles northwest of Northfield.
Scott County Sheriff Luke Hennen says investigators are working with the Medical Examiner's Office to identify the individual and determine the cause of death. No other information is being released at this time.
The body was discovered around 8:45 AM when the temperature was around 10 below zero and the wind chill was below -30.
Anyone with information that could prove useful to investigators is asked to contact the Scott County Sheriff's Office.
For $320k You Can Own Plainview, Minnesota Home Built in 1876!
- Home has lots of updates, yet many original woodwork.
- Walk into your front entrance to the beautiful open staircase gorgeous hardwood floors.
- Home boasts 10' ceilings throughout the main level.
- Main level bathroom has in-floor heat.
- Stainless steel appliances and main floor laundry.
- Enjoy sitting on your wrapped covered porch that has a brand-new sidewalk up to it. Come and see this gorgeous home!