Convicted Killer Arrested As Suspect in Rochester Shooting
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - A suspect has been charged in a recent shooting in Rochester and records show he is a convicted killer.
Police say the shooting occurred July 8th in the area of 8 ½ St and 15th Ave SE. The victim told police he was driving past a house when he saw a man get out of a parked car and walk into the street. He said the man suddenly pointed a handgun at him and opened fire as he drove by.
The victim said 6 shots were fired. He later found three bullet holes in his car. One went through the bottom of the driver side rear door, another went through the driver side taillight and the third punctured the driver side tire.
The victim told police he recognized the man but only knew him by his nickname “Dope Boy.” A database search identified the man as Pendleton, who was arrested Wednesday. A search of the apartment where he had been staying turned up three handguns.
Records show Pendleton was convicted of 2nd-degree murder in Cook County, Illinois several years ago.