Hey Rochester, the Rochesterfest Drive-Through Parade Is Back On The Calendar
You know those refrigerator magnets that say "Save The Date"? Bookmark this, print it off, and tell all of your friends because this is your Save The Date for the Rochesterfest Drive-Through Parade. Yes! Another parade is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 3rd.
Before you send me a note saying "Didn't Rochester already have a drive-through parade?". You are correct, there was a drive-through parade scheduled for Saturday, August 22nd. Unfortunately, that parade was canceled and you can read that update here.
Brandon Helgeson, Executive Director, of Rochesterfest shared in an e-mail yesterday that they are taking applications now for parade entries and hoping to see at least 80 to 90 entries for the 1-mile drive-through parade route.
The goal is to create an all-inclusive, family-friendly event and to really have the entire community come together. If you are interested in being in the parade, here are a few details to know:
- Tentative date - Saturday, October 3rd
- Location - RCTC
- Visitors will remain in their car at a safe social distance.
- All parade entries will be spaced out at a minimum of 10 feet. Setup starts at 12:00pm and must be finished by 1:45pm.
- If you have items you want to give away, goodie bags will be handed out to the cars participating at the start of the parade with all of the items collected. Please
deliver 500 of the items to the Centerstone Plaza Hotel at 401 6th Street SW by Friday, September 25th, 2020.
- Masks are required on-site and all participants will be asked to follow all MN Department of Health guidelines, which includes social distancing with others in your group.
- Cost: 2020 has been a difficult year for many financially. If you can afford to make a donation for entry the suggestion is $200 for a standard business, organization or entity and $50 for a non-profit.
- Entrants may start setting up at 12:00pm and must be finished setting up by 1:45pm.
We are all dealing with a rough 2020 so If you are able to put a stand, float or display together but can’t afford the full amount or any form of donation we understand and still want you to be a part of the festivities. - Brandon Helgeson, Executive Director or Rochesterfest
If you are interested in participating or would like more information, you can reach out to Brandon Helgeson at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the parade application.
KEEP READING: Things You Never Do in Minnesota