Rochester’s Second Street Will Glow with Life and Love Friday the 29th
April is Donate Life Month, and on Friday the 29th, the Gift of Life Transplant House will be hosting the most moving display ever seen along 2nd Street Southwest in Rochester Minnesota.
It's been a very exciting month for the Gift of Life Transplant House, including exchanging wish-lit donations for coffee at two Rochester Starbucks. But from a purely emotional point of view, what's happening on the 29th is the topper.
THIS IS A RESCHEDULED EVENT from Friday the 22nd (due to rain).
According to Mary Wilder, Executive Director at the Gift of Life Transplant House, "It's not that we need a luminary ceremony to remember and thank all the organ donors, they live in our hearts every day. Still, it's nice to be able to show them how we feel with something so powerful and beautiful as the luminaries. Everyone at the House is excited about next Friday!"
Volunteers will be setting up luminaries at dusk along 2nd Street Southwest in Rochester from the Gift of Life Transplant House to Mayo Clinic Hospital – Saint Mary's Campus to honor organ, tissue, and eye donors.
There will be a small ceremony before the luminary lighting. Rochester city and county buildings will be lit blue and green as well. The mayor will also be issuing a proclamation. If you've donated an organ, received an organ, or just support the important work of the organ donation community in Rochester, you are welcome to attend.
- What - Ceremony and luminary lighting to honor organ donors and their families
- When: Friday APRIL 29, Arrive 7:30 p.m.tonight, program starts at 7:45.
- Where: In front of the Gift of Life Transplant House, 705 2nd St. S.W.
- Please - It is requested that all attendees wear a face mask to help protect individuals who are immunocompromised.
- PS - If you'd like to volunteer to help set up or tear down (they can't leave the luminaries overnight), please call 507-288-7470 or drop an email at @gift-of-life.org.
5 Reasons To Become An Organ Donor
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
Click Play to Hear The Y-105FM Early Morning Show Radio-On-Demand Podcast!
Listen On-Demand with the Y105FM app, and on the following podcast platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify
The first Gift of Life home is a classic home, just beautiful.
This home, in Iowa, is pretty beautiful, too.
SEE: Delightful Mansion for Sale 60 Miles South of Rochester Has SEVEN Bathrooms
- BED AND BREAKFAST BUSINESS/TEAHOUSE INCLUDED WITH REAL ESTATE (furnishings and inventory sold separately - inventory list/price will be provided).
- Each themed room welcomes guests to a wonderful experience regardless of the time of year! EVER SO CHARMING Never Neverland, Sherwood Forest, The Secret Garden, Plum Creek, Heaven to Betsy, and Sleeping Beauty. Some of the rooms feature jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces for cozy evenings!
- The fabulous quality of yesteryear, stunning hardwood floors and trim throughout!
- Beautiful French doors, pocket doors, open staircase and so much more!
- Carriage house/garage included with the home.