Meet State Representative Candidate Duane Quam
Born in Rochester and raised on farms in Olmsted and Dodge counties, now a resident of Byron. I graduated from Byron High School; earned degrees in Engineering and a Masters in Physics from UTD. I was elected to the Byron School board, served on the ZED education district governing board, and chaired the Minnesota State Academics Science Standards writing committee.
Have worked as an engineer and have been both a department and a project manager
I've been married to Pat Quam for 34 years. We have sons, Duey and Jacob, and grandsons Robbie and Dylan.
Your key platforms:
* A smaller responsive government that respects the budget
* The protection of individual liberties, including parental and property rights
* The 2nd and 10th amendments and our Constitution as a whole
* The promotion of an environment of job creation, by bringing fairness to fees and permits, as well as reason to taxes and regulations
* Supporting our troops wherever they are serving
What’s one thing you want the Rochester community to know about you?
I thrive on solving problems, and working together on solutions.