Get our free mobile app

Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A fire in a microwave oven resulted in about $10,000 in damage from the fire, smoke, and water.

The Rochester Fire Department says six of its units responded just before 1 PM Saturday to a report of a fire in the Old Rooster Antique Store at 106 North Broadway. When they arrived at the scene, the firefighters found a person attempting to put out the fire in the microwave oven using a fire extinguisher.

The firefighters were able to put out the flames using a pressurized water can and contained the damage to the small room where the microwave was located. No injuries were reported.

News Update: Basement Fire Damages NW Rochester Home

PHOTOS: Billie Joe Armstrong's House on Sale for $7.25 Million

More From KROC-AM