Minnesota, Here’s How We’re Supposed to Eat Bananas
I don't want you to feel bad about this, Minnestoa...but you've been eating bananas the wrong way. #TRUTH
How Am I Supposed to Eat Bananas?
The single most important thing to know about eating bananas is...you've been eating them wrong. Once you've come to terms with that, you can move on to correction. Are you ready? OK, let's go!
Back in the 1940s, bananas were an exotic fruit to us in the USA. The Chiquita fruit company wanted to increase sales, so they used a time-honored tradition: Educational advertising.
Sadly, most of us are missing out on the amazing flavor of a ripe banana. Which is fine with Chiquita now, bananas sales are, well, bananas. But if you're looking for the proper way to use and eat bananas, Minnesota, here's how Chiquita taught us almost 80 years ago...
- Bananas have to ripen in a certain way.
- When they are flecked with brown and have a golden hue, Bananas taste the best and are best for you.
- They can be used in a salad.
- If they're greenish, they're ripe for cooking, but not yet raw eating.
- You can put them in a pie-aye.
- Bananas, like the tropical weather at the equator, so never store them in the refrigerator
That's A Lot of Banana Rules to Remember. Do You Have It In A Song?
Am I Peeling Bananas Wrong, Too?
Maybe. The top looks like the proper place to start, right? WRONG! Any monkey will show the better way is to peel from the bottom. I don't have a monkey handy, so here are the Boy Scouts.
A Quick Look At Where Bananas Come From
Want a taco instead of a banana? I got you...
VOTES ARE IN: Top 5 Places to Grab a Taco in Rochester
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org