Rochester Has Several Outdoor Ice Rinks for You to Enjoy
When Mother Nature cooperates and temps aren't crazy cold it's nice to get outside and burn off some energy. Did you know the city of Rochester's Park and Rec Department maintains several outdoor hockey and skating rinks for you to enjoy? The following parks have rinks with warming houses and lights:
- Allendale Park located at 3000 18 Ave NW
- Manor Park located at 4238 Manor Park Dr NW
- Lincolnshire Park located at 5276 Members Parkway NW
- Northern Heights Park located at 900 22 Street NE (no hockey is allowed here)
- Withers Sports Complex located at 2021 Mayowood Road SW
- Graham Park located at the fairgrounds.
- Viking Park on the corner of 2nd Ave and 26th Street NW and the rink at Soldier's Field both have lights but no warming house.
The Park and Rec Department says, "The rinks and warming sheds are scheduled to open on December 20th. Get more information here.
Dunken & Samm have the 411 on the 507 weekdays at 7:05AM on 106.9 KROC!