Rochester House Damaged By ‘Garbage Fire’
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - What started as a “garbage fire” ended up damaging a Rochester house.
Rochester Fire Dept. crews were called to a house at 1307 13th Ave NW around 1:00 pm Saturday and arrived to find the blaze “had been extinguished by the homeowner with a garden hose.”
The fire damaged a portion of the siding of the house. Firefighters removed the siding and ventilated the house “due to a large amount of smoke that had made its way to the interior of the home.”
RFD says besides damaging the siding, the fire also destroyed two windows and caused minor damage to the interior of the house. The damage estimate was put at $10,000.