The Minnesota Zoo to Reopen Next Week
Exciting news for Minnesota Zoo fans, the Minnesota Zoo will be reopening next Friday, July 24th! Of course, the zoo has worked out and will be implementing safety measures to keep staff, visitors, and the animals safe.
If you are a member, you probably already know about this, but members will get a chance to go to a special member preview on Sunday, July 19th through Wednesday, July 22nd, according to Bring Me the News Then, on the 24th, they will open up to all guests with limited hours. The zoo will only be open 10 AM - 4 PM.
Both members and all other guests must reserve their tickets online prior to coming to the zoo. You can reserve your tickets up to 30 days in advance. Also, when you visit, there will be a one-way path that all guests will follow. You can find the map HERE.
Here are other actions that the zoo will be taking to protect both people and animals:
- Everyone must wear a mask age three and up.
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- All staff will complete a wellness check before starting their shift.
- There will be some barriers set up at certain exhibits.
- You will not be allowed to touch animals like at the Discovery Bay tide pool and you cannot feed animals like at the Wells Fargo Family Farm and the Llama Trek.
- There will also be limited menu items for purchase and limited seating.
- Both indoor and outdoor play areas will be closed.
- Increased cleaning in high touch areas.
- They will have limited guest capacity.
You can learn more about the safety measures the zoo is putting in place HERE.