Your Dream Job Awaits You at Townsquare Media
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment, and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S.
Working at Townsquare Media means a lot of different things; it could mean being an On-Air Personality at one of our 321 radio stations or being a Programmatic Account Manager for our totally explosive Ignite business focused on Digital Marketing/Advertising. The opportunities are unlimited and we regularly seek a broad array of talent to contribute to creating and distributing original and motivating media experiences that entertain, engage, and inform our communities, while helping our local businesses prosper.
Here at Townsquare Media in Southeast Minnesota, we are dedicated to serving our local communities. We create on average 30 pieces of new content daily centered around the Southeast Minnesota region covering everything from the latest local news and weather, human interest stories, local events, business openings/closings, opinion pieces, and unparalleled local sports coverage. The content we create is shared for free on our radio stations, our websites, our free mobile apps, in daily email newsletters, and on social media. Our 13 brands reach more than 133,800 local radio listeners each week, an average of 700,000+ monthly local visitors to our station websites, and 72,624 social followers all across the region.
We aim to be more than Southeast Minnesota's favorite source for music, news, and entertainment. Townsquare Cares and our team is also dedicated to being an integral part of local fundraisers, community service, and engagement. We want to make a difference -- and have a little fun.
PEOPLE OF TOWNSQUARE
TOWNSQUARE IS LIVE, LOCAL AND VITAL AND WE LOOK FOR THOSE SAME CHARACTERISTICS IN OUR EMPLOYEES.
LIVE: We are looking for positive energy, insightful thinking, and a great attitude. Our employees show up and give their best effort every day.
LOCAL: In order to be the modern-day town square in our communities, we have to start with employees who are connected, involved, proud of, and engaged with the heartland communities they come from.
VITAL: Our employees bring vitality in many forms including the vast array of knowledge, skills, experiences, and abilities. This is what drives our company to outperform our competitors and drive our company forward.
If you want to grow professionally, be on the cutting edge and still have fun – then we want you
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT:
- • COMPETITIVE PAY
- • CONTINUOUS GROWTH
- • PTO
- • 401K
- • HEALTH INSURANCE
Media and Digital Sales Executive (Rochester, MN; Faribault, MN; Owatonna, MN)
Are you Commission Driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun - Well then we want to talk to you!
Townsquare Media Rochester is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join our media and digital advertising team. You will be selling local advertising for our innovative stations.
- Prospect for qualified local and regional businesses; conduct thorough Customer Needs Analysis (C N A); present and close appropriate marketing solution programs. These programs may include any of Townsquare Media’s many assets for clients: Broadcast and Online radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, audience extension and digital marketing services.
- Leverage our live event platform through sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients.
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area.
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials.
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines, and overachieve annual budgets.
- Enter new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients.
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success in achieving monthly sales quotas consistently.
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization.
- Goal-oriented, a strong work ethic and a strong desire to learn.
- Previous sales experience- A history of success with customers and a proven ability to develop and grow revenue.
- Knowledge and experience with digital media.
- The successful candidate will be smart, curious, tenacious, entrepreneurial, independent, passionate, and enthusiastic, and work with urgency to meet deadlines.
- Accomplished at prospecting and qualifying.
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and vehicle required.
- Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly contests
- 3 weeks of Vacation Time
- Company provided Laptop
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- High Energy Work Environment
- Opportunity for Upward Mobility- The growth opportunity is great. TSM is a fast-growing public company offering unlimited earning potential to our managers and salespeople.
Market President/Chief Revenue Officer (Faribault/Owatonna, MN)
The Market President/Chief Revenue Officer at Townsquare Media is responsible for building the dominant media business in their respective market, driving growth of the business through diversified revenue streams, and building a culture of success by attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. This is a management position focused on revenue generation, and the MP/CRO will be expected to attain and exceed revenue budgets by having a clear vision for a path of continued revenue growth, with the capability of executing that vision. The MP/CRO must possess a strong desire to win, be an exceptional leader and have a track record of revenue and cash flow success. Going beyond just coaching the team; they must be a hands-on leader, building effective multi-platform marketing solutions for clients.
The MP/CRO must be an exceptional sales trainer and mentor, be a creative-thinker, and be able to recruit and hire the best in the industry. This position is not for a ‘hands-off’/sit behind the desk manager, but for a leader who is highly visible in the market and very involved with the staff.
Townsquare Media strives to be the leader in local media – building the strongest brands in the market and monetizing those brands on air, on line and on site. The MP/CRO must be a creative, idea-generating, business development professional that understands how to maximize the tools at their disposal to achieve market leadership status.
- Oversee all aspects of the market operation with a particular focus on revenue generation across Townsquare’s multiple media and entertainment platforms.
- Create a vision and strategy for consistent revenue and profit growth, with the ability to communicate and execute the plan.
- Represent TSM to key client accounts and community; developing strong client relationships and community partnerships that further our business.
- Drive key account growth through the selling of results based, integrated programs while also pushing significant new business development.
- Recruit, retain and develop a talented team, starting with the department heads and including a deep and high performing sales staff. Strive to become the preferred media workplace in the market.
- Support the content team (on air and on line) and hold them accountable to executing the brand strategy and delivering content excellence.
- Working in conjunction with our corporate team, build a diverse and sustainable event business focused on the inherent opportunities in the market.
- Prepare and manage the fiscal budget. Develop/implement strategic goals to exceed local advertising, live events and digital services budgets.
- Ensure the station’s license is in order and that Federal Communications.Commission (FCC) and other federal, state and local rules and regulations are followed.
- Support the Townsquare mission while actively seeking to find ways to make the company better.
- Be a student of the industry, consistently learning about our business in order to be a current resource to our employees and clients.
- Be fiscally responsible, managing expenses not only within budget, but based on return on the investment of the resources allocated.
- Proven ability to recruit, to lead, to motivate, to coach and train others and achieve revenue results.
- Experience in media or digital sales management in the role of General Manager, General or Local Sales Manager with a proven and documentable track record of exceeding budgets and outperforming the marketplace.
- Experience in creating and selling multi-media programs incorporating digital, mobile, and event opportunities.