URGENT: Rochester Residents Asked to Roll Up Their Sleeves and Donate Now
An urgent plea for help has been issued in the Southeast Minnesota area due to a shortage of A+ blood.
Roll Up Your Sleeves! There's an Urgent Need for Blood Donations in Rochester, Minnesota
Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center sent out a press release earlier today indicating that life-saving blood products are needed immediately.
3 Locations in Rochester, Minnesota where you can donate blood
- #1 - Mayo Clinic, Hilton Building, First Floor, 210 2nd St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center's location on the main floor of the Hilton Building is open weekdays from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with special late-night hours on Tuesday, Dec. 21 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- #2 - Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus, Joseph Building, Main Floor, Room M-86, 1216 Second St. SW, Rochester, MN 55902
- The Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Center's location at Joseph M-86 is open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.How to make an appointment to donate blood in Rochester, Minnesota
- #3 (ONLY on Tuesday, January 18th) - Mobile Blood Drive at Merchants Bank, 3586 55th Street NW.
Same-day appointments are available! Just call (507) 284-4475 to see about openings or at a time that works best for you.
Learn more about the Mayo Clinic Blood Donor Program at their website here.
Who really benefits from the blood that I give?
There are so many patients that are receiving care in Rochester for so many different reasons. Your blood could be reaching kids that are fighting cancer or even a celebrity that is getting care in our town. The land of Mayo Clinic sees many celebrities that are kept top secret but if you scroll a little bit, you'll see a few that have been patients at Mayo Clinic.