World’s Largest Red Kettle in Rochester Monday Morning!
Monday Morning (December 16, 2019) James Rabe and a host of Rochester Celebrities will be inside the world's largest Salvation Army Red Kettle.
Why is the kettle in town and why is James Rabe inside it? Easy. Thursday and Friday are match days for Mayo Clinic. Everything you donate those days will be matched by Mayo Clinic. And this year...the match is UNLIMITED! Which is huge news for the Rochester Salvation Army...but there's a hitch in the plan.
The number of ringers signed up isn't enough to cover all the Red Kettles those two days! Please, register to ring by clicking HERE. It is vital to cover all the shifts and make the most of this match.
So, listen to Y-105FM, Rochester's Christmas Station, from 6 - 9 AM today and hear all the guests...Betsy Singer from ABC 6 News, the Mayor, the Sheriff, and so many more. PLUS, and this is a virtual miracle, Miley Cyrus and Eric Clapton may perform (not guaranteed, travel issues may arise)! Jessica Williams will be running the show and James Rabe will be broadcasting from inside the ENORMOUS Kettle
KETTLE FUN FACTS:
The Salvation Army's World's Largest Red Kettle is a virtual masterpiece which includes...
- A length and width of 2 football fields.
- The most modern HVAC - cleans the air 27 times an hour!
- An in-depth, multi-media, and hands on history of the Salvation Army, hot coffee and original recipe donuts included.
- A Bell Ringing "Experience Dome" - so you can see what it's like to ring bells 49 states and the District of Columbia (sorry, Tennessee).
- An enormous Christmas Tree with a light show every 20 minutes.
- Full concert stage, including sound and lights
- 16 eco-friendly waste recycling restrooms
- An Exclusive "Big Kettle" Spa Experience (volunteer specialists will drain away your stresses) The prices may be steep, but all the money raised goes to the Red Kettle.
Listen to James Rabe 6a to 9a on Y-105 FM