You Can Own Unique Iowa Bed and Breakfast Just 60 Miles from Rochester for $350k!
This 1895 Saint Ansgar, Iowa home has been a Bed and Breakfast / Tea Room business, and you can keep that going. Or, if you have a lot of kids, they'll love the 5 bedrooms and 7 1/2 bathrooms and a jacuzzi that looks like it's knit out of wool! And all for less than $400k!
Seven and A Half Bathrooms?
Right? I'm not sure how many are original to the home, but it's very mansiony, so maybe most of 'em. I imagine the builder said, "Look, I can start building it tomorrow Mr HighFancyHat, what'll it take for you to sign on the dotted line?"
Mr. HFH - 7 and a HALF bathrooms.
Builder - But it's only you and your elderly wife in the house!
Mr. HFH - So? I like to have a water closet handy as the needs may arise suddenly forthwitch.
Builder - Witch?
Mr. HFM - Wich...what???
Builder - The 4th Witch.
Mr. HFM - Oh, ignore that. Just James Rabe trying to pad the content of this story so it hits at least 300 characters.
SEE: Delightful Mansion for Sale 60 Miles South of Rochester Has SEVEN Bathrooms
- BED AND BREAKFAST BUSINESS/TEAHOUSE INCLUDED WITH REAL ESTATE (furnishings and inventory sold separately - inventory list/price will be provided).
- Each themed room welcomes guests to a wonderful experience regardless of the time of year! EVER SO CHARMING Never Neverland, Sherwood Forest, The Secret Garden, Plum Creek, Heaven to Betsy, and Sleeping Beauty. Some of the rooms feature jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces for cozy evenings!
- The fabulous quality of yesteryear, stunning hardwood floors and trim throughout!
- Beautiful French doors, pocket doors, open staircase and so much more!
- Carriage house/garage included with the home.
From the Blue Belle Inn Website -
"Built in 1896, the interior of this Queen Anne Victorian is highlighted by fireplaces, wood floors, tin ceilings with ornate moldings, and eight foot maple pocket doors.
Leaded glass, stained glass and crystal chandeliers set in bay and curved windows pockets create a shimmering interplay of light and color.
Events at the Inn include concerts, murder mysteries, horse-drawn sleigh rides, quilting, cooking, craft workshops, and various other good times throughout the year.
I was wrong about who it was built for. Not Mr. HighFancyHat, but for banker Robert C. Lubiens (1862-1939), born in Wisconsin, married Alice M DeLaney, the daughter of Charles and Leah Delaney (duh!).
"They had two daughters; Irma Virginia Lubiens who married Sherwin Kleinwort and Naomi Minnie Lubiens, who never married." And "One of the organizers of the telephone company and it's first treasurer." (Source)
It is amazing what you can find on the internet machine.
Listed by - Dodie Wilkins CENTURY 21 Preferred (641) 424-9400
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Listen On-Demand with the Y105FM app, and on the following podcast platforms: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify
If you love historic homes...
This one is in Kasson and used to be a Birth Home.