Arrest Warrant Issued for 2021 Rochester Smash-and-Grab Burglary
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News)- Olmsted County prosecutors have issued an arrest warrant for a St. Paul man in connection with a 2021 smash-and-grab burglary at a Rochester business.
The warrant filed in Olmsted County Court Wednesday identifies 41-year-old Richard Holston was one of three people who smashed out the window of the Asian Food Store at 1010 7th St NW. The trio allegedly took over $80,000 in cash, a safe, checkbook, death certificate and truck title.
Investigators were able to get the vehicle's license plate number through surveillance footage. They learned that the vehicle used for the smash-and-grab burglary was leased by Holston from a St. Paul company.
The complaint says Holston shared his phone number with the company. Authorities obtained a warrant for the phone and were able to confirm the phone was in Rochester at the time of the early November burglary.
The complaint says Holston was extradited to Texas in August of last year to face burglary charges, but fled the lone-star-state to avoid prosecution. The complaint says he also has two outstanding arrest warrants. He’s charged with second-degree burglary, third-degree burglary and felony theft.
Rochester Firm Finned for Temporary Worker Visa Program Violations