Arrest Warrant Issued For Rochester Woman Who Skipped Her Trial
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - An arrest warrant has been issued for a Rochester woman who failed to show up in court for her trial on a felony assault charge.
34-year-old Hibak Dahir Aden was released without bail last May after she was charged with second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, felony terroristic threats, and a misdemeanor domestic assault charge. Her trial on the charges was scheduled to get underway with jury selection in Olmsted County Court on Monday.
Aden was originally summoned to appear in court on the charges in December 2022 but failed to appear in court for her arraignment in January of last year. That resulted in the issuance of a warrant the following month and her eventual arrest in May of last year.
According to the criminal complaint, Aden allegedly assaulted her mother in October 2022. The court document says the victim reported that Aden became upset because she would not give her money and began yelling and throwing items in the kitchen of the family's home. It's also alleged that Aden grabbed a knife and threatened to kill her mother, who fled from the home to a neighbor's house and called 911.
More Rochester News:
- St. Charles Woman Sentenced For Swindling Rochester Business
- MN Drug Trafficking Defendant Charged in 2023 Rochester Shooting
- Girl Found Tied Up Along Minnesota Road - Says She Was Abducted
10 'Secret Spots' Burglars Check First When Invading Minnesota Homes
Gallery Credit: Tara Holley