Daunte Wright’s Mother Confronted By Brooklyn Center Police For Filming An Arrest
Katie Wright, Daunte Wright's mother, recently had an encounter with a Brooklyn Center Police Officer after she had pulled over on Highway 252 to film an arrest. Wright had her phone briefly taken from her by the officer during the encounter, then it was given back after Wright told the officer he could mail her a ticket as she wasn't going to provide him with a driver's license.
The released body camera video from the Brooklyn Center Police Department starts off with an individual being arrested and telling the officers that "I don't want to be on that camera over there." An officer responds by asking "what?". The arrested individual then states that "she recording over there, I don't want my face on camera." Then the officer whose body camera is filming starts to walk away from the arrest and toward an individual parked on the shoulder. While he is walking away from the arrest he states that "she's getting a ticket". An officer can be heard then responding to that comment with "Nah, don't worry about it, C'mon!"
As the officer approaches Katie Wright, he states for her to give him her driver's license, to which Wright responds "I'm not giving you my driver's license, I didn't get pulled over." The officer and Wright have a brief argument over her not giving him her driver's license, during which the officer appears to take Wright's phone from her briefly.
The whole encounter beginning to end takes less than a minute and ends with the officer walking away and telling Wright that he would be mailing her a ticket for "obstruction", which Wright seemed to reply to by saying something to the effect of "You can mail me the ticket but...inaudible.
MN Safety on Facebook paired up the video shot by Wright and the body camera footage to show what both sides saw.
Kim Wright was the mother of Daunte Wright, who was killed after being stopped by police on April 11, 2021. The officer who shot Wright during the traffic stop, Kim Potter, has been sentenced to two years in jail after being convicted of manslaughter charges.
A Kaleidoscope Of Color This Breathtaking Owatonna Home From 1898 Is For Sale!
Virtually Untouched1953 Ranch in Pipestone, MN Has A Basement Bar
- You will love the spacious formal living room with the attractive wood-burning fireplace & picture windows, that open to formal dining. Convenient eat-in kitchen with built-in oven & stovetop and half bath.
- Large master bedroom with double closet, 2nd bedroom with plenty of closet space, & 3rd bedroom could also be an office with built-in shelving & cedar closet!
- Awesome step-down sunroom with newer windows and view of gorgeous backyard & large cement patio.
- The basement includes laundry with utility tub, and family room with wet bar. Knotty pine walls and bar make this a great place to enjoy entertaining friends and family.
- This is a poured basement with beaver system & sump pump.
- Double attached heated & insulated garage with closet. Beautiful spacious backyard with cement patio. Sellers are installing a brand new furnace and central air unit.