Former Post Bulletin Building To Be Demolished This Week
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Motorists are expected to be affected by a downtown Rochester demolition project this week.
The city Public Works Dept. says demolition of the former Post Bulletin building is scheduled to begin Tuesday.
The department says 1st Ave SE will be closed between Center St and 1st St. Traffic will shift into the parking lane on the south side of 1st St SE from Civic Center Drive to 1st Ave SE. One lane will remain in each direction. No metered parking will be available around the entire block of the building and sidewalks will be closed.
These impacts are expected to last until June 16.
The original Post Bulletin building was constructed on the southwest corner of the property in the early 1950’s and remodeled and added onto in 1969 and 1988 and 2003. The newspaper operation was purchased by Forum Communications in 2017. The purchase did not include the property, which was sold last year.