SAGINAW, Minn. (AP) — A northeastern Minnesota man has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in a cabin.

St. Louis County sheriff's authorities say their office responded Saturday afternoon to a report of an unresponsive male in the Saginaw area. Authorities arrived and found the body of 46-year-old Stanley Skare of Saginaw. Skare's dog also was found dead inside the cabin.

Authorities say Skare and his dog apparently died of carbon monoxide poisoning. The source likely was a generator running inside of the cabin.

The Midwest Medical Examiner's office will determine the exact cause of death.

More From KROC-AM