Month-long Steam Line Repairs Will Disrupt 4th Street SE Traffic
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - Repairs to the steam line linking the Olmsted Waste-to-Energy Facility to the Government Center, Public Library and Mayo Civic Center will require some lane and street closings over the next month.
Leaks have been discovered at various locations along the 26-year-old steam line causing plumes of steam to rise out of manholes at several locations along 4th Street Southeast. Crews are scheduled to begin the repairs on Friday and most of the work will involve digging up the eastbound right lane on 4th Street Southeast between 6th and 11th Avenues.
The following intersections will be impacted:
- 4th Street SE and 6th Avenue SE
- 4th Street SE and 7th Avenue SE
- 4th Street SE and 11th Avenue SE
11th Avenue SE will be CLOSED at this intersection during the following times:
- The week of May 13th, periodic weekdays between 9:00 AM and 2:30 PM
- Friday, May 17th, starting at 4:15 PM through Sunday, May 19th
- Friday, May 24th, starting at 4:15 PM through Monday, May 27th
- 4th Street SE and 13th Avenue SE – 13th Avenue SE will be CLOSED at this intersection for the duration of the project.
- 4th Street SE and 14th Avenue SE
Traffic traveling eastbound on 4th Street SE will be restricted to one lane. Westbound traffic will not be affected. Pedestrian access along the south side of 4th Street SE will be interrupted as the sidewalk will be closed at various locations. Access to residents’ driveways will not be affected.
Weather permitting, the project is scheduled to be completed around June 10th.