What’s Up With The Gigantic Tents by the North Target in Rochester?
If you've driven by Home Depot and North Target lately in Rochester, you've probably noticed the two very large white tents and multiple storage units that are taking up some space in the parking lot. If you missed them, I have ZERO idea how. The tents are HUGE! Anyways...I made some calls, sent some notes, and found out what's up with those gigantic tents.
At first, I thought that maybe Rochester was finally going to have something go in the spot where Staples was previously located. I mean, the tents are right there in front of that store...sort of.
That NOT it.
You ask the questions and I promise, I will go find out the answer. In this case, I found out that Target has got a few new things planned for their NW Rochester location. Ok, a lot of new things.
Thanks to Aryn at Target Corporation, I learned that the Target store at Marketplace Drive NW is one of the stores that is undergoing some pretty major enhancements. Aryn's note to me stated that the remodel will "feature modern design elements and bring more digital experiences to our stores that make shopping even easier, safer, and more inspiring for our guests – and uniquely Target."
Overall, the new look will enhance the guest experience and according to the e-mail that I received, it will contain the following new items:
● Modern décor and fixtures, additional mannequins and displays, and specialty LED lighting to create a shopping experience for guests that is both hip and cool, and warm and inviting.
● Dynamic, engaging merchandise displays throughout the store—including in home, apparel, and beauty—to provide guests with inspiration and style and help them visualize how to pair products together.
● Updated spaces and expanded services supporting Order Pickup, Drive Up and Returns & Exchanges to give guests many options for a fast, safe and convenient shopping experience.
● Updated food and beverage area.
● The addition of a nursing space.
● Front-of-store revisions that promote guest and team member safety, including larger spaces between checkout lanes and Plexiglas barriers where needed. We also offer a contactless self-checkout experience with Wallet, the mobile payment option in the Target app, regardless of where guests choose to check out in stores.
● Updated restrooms with touchless features, like hand dryers.
It was indicated that the remodel would be completed this summer.
Is there something going on in Rochester that you'd like to learn more about? Let me know! You can find my contact info here.
We are pretty lucky in Rochester because we have 2 Target stores where you can load your cart up with all the clearance without any guilt. Minnesota has a few other special spots that offer Target stores too and those towns also ended up on the 25 best places to live in the state. Keep scrolling to see a few of the other "no guilt" locations (aka, where more Target clearance deals are located!).
Listen to Jessica Williams weekdays from 6 am until 10 am on the Y-105FM Early Morning Show with James and Jessica.