Work Scheduled To Begin On Another Rochester DMC Project
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - Get ready for another traffic disruption in downtown Rochester - one that is scheduled to affect motorists and pedestrians for a year and a half.
The city Public Works Dept. says work on the Discovery Square 2 project is scheduled to begin Friday. The site is located two blocks south of the Plummer Building. The project is part of the Destination Medical Center initiative.
The affected roads will be:
- 2nd Ave SW between 4th and 5th streets
- 5th St SW between 2nd and 3rd avenues.
This is the impact it will have on vehicles and foot traffic:
- 2nd Ave SW between 4th and 5th streets will be northbound traffic only
- 5th St SW between 2nd and 3rd avenues will be eastbound traffic only
- Sidewalks on both 2nd Ave SW and 5th St SW along the project site will be closed
The impacts are scheduled to be in effect through April 2022.
KEEP READING: The 30 Highest Paying Jobs in Minnesota