A Violent and Deadly Weekend In Minnesota
Get our free mobile app
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) - It was a violent, deadly weekend in Minnesota as police responded to numerous shootings, including two in Rochester.
Many Minnesotans are wondering what is going on?
- One man was killed and another seriously wounded in downtown Rochester early Sunday in a shooting that was witnessed by a police officer. It happened at the corner of 1st Ave and 3rd St SW. Two suspects were arrested.
- A person was shot Friday evening at Rochester's Martin Luther King Park, suffering non-life threatening injuries.
- One person was killed and an unknown number of others were hurt in a shooting in Austin early Saturday.
- Three people were shot and killed in Minneapolis early Saturday, including two who were hit by stray bullets while watching an illegal street race.
- A 14-year-old boy was killed Saturday night while leaving a graduation party in Woodbury
The shootings continue a deadly trend that began a few weeks ago in the Twin Cities and include the deaths of two young children and a young man who was murdered the same day he was supposed to get his college degree.
News update: Power outage in Rochester.
LOOK: Olmsted County’s Highlighted Warrants of the Week
This week, just the Goodhue County Sheriff's Office shared warrants. They are selected by each office and do not necessarily represent "most wanted" in either county.
If you see any of these people, do not approach or attempt to apprehend them. Instead, in Olmsted County, during weekdays call 507-328-6830. After 5 PM and on weekends, call 507-328-6800. In Goodhue County, call 651-358-3155.
As always, in an emergency, call 911.
The goal from both offices is to create awareness so these individuals can be found.
This gallery is of individuals wanted as of August 25, 2021. If you are viewing this gallery at any time after that date, the warrants listed could be settled.