Time for Greek Fest in Rochester! PS – It’s Drive Thru Again
Rochester, Minnesota's Greek Festival has been taking place the last weekend in August since before dirt. Well, not that long, but since 1963, and that's a pretty good run. A run that will continue this weekend.
Greek Fest Drive Thru 2.0
Last year, due to Covid-19, the Greek Festival went Drive-Thru. This year, the plan was to go back to normal, but the fates have decided that was not meant to be. So it's the second year of Greek Fest Drive-Thru Style.
- The Original Gyro
- Souvlaki (Pork kebabs and pita)
- Greek Fries
- Spanakopita - (Spinach pie)
- Tyropita - (Cheese pie)
- Paximadia - Biscotti
- Baklava - (greatest desert on Earth and that's the dang truth!)
- Kourambiethes - (Almost sugar cookies)
- Wine, drinks, and more.
Rochester's Original Greek Festival Basics
- 703 West Center Street, Rochester, MN 55902
- Drive-thru entrance at intersection of 7th Ave & Center Street
- Friday, August 27th 11am – 8pm
- Saturday, August 28th - 11am – 8pm
- Sunday, August 29th - 11am – 4pm
- Except for wine, the highest price on the menu is $9.00 (for The Original Gyro...so a family of four = about $50 after desert).
Something worth knowing...
"We Proudly Support Philoxenia Charities, the only non-profit organization in Rochester MN that offers 100% free housing to Mayo Clinic Patients without discrimination or any pre-condition requirements. Learn more, Join Us, or Donate at PhiloxeniaCharities.org" (Greek Fest Website)
As always, if you have a comment, complaint, or concern about something I wrote here, please let me know: email@example.com
We're Getting Close to the End of Summer
Which means winter can't be far away, right? And really...there are a lot of ways the two seasons are the same here in Minnesota!