
Rochester Man Admits Guilt Ahead of Child Sexual Assault Trial
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A Rochester man, who was scheduled to stand trial next week, has entered into a plea agreement in a case involving the repeated sexual abuse of a child.
Eight Year Old Victim
Twenty-three-year-old Sebastian August Treichler was charged in January of last year after the Olmsted County Sheriff's Office launched an investigation the previous fall. He was accused of sexually assaulting a girl beginning when she was eight years old.

Assaults Occurred in Stewartville and Another Community
According to the criminal complaint, the victim spoke with investigators from the Todd County Sheriff's Office and told them that Treichler repeatedly sexually assaulted her when she would visit his residence multiple times per year. The court document alleges the assaults began around 2015 and continued through 2021 at homes in Stewartville and in Todd County.
Initially Denied Allegations
When he was interviewed by investigators, the criminal complaint says Treichler initially denied sexually assaulting the young girl, but then told a detective that the victim would not have a reason to lie and that he did not remember if anything happened between them.
READ MORE: Rochester Man Accused of Repeated Sex Abuse of Young Girl
Plea Agreement
Treichler was charged with two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in Olmsted County Court. During a hearing Tuesday afternoon, Treichler entered a guilty plea to an amended charge of second-degree criminal sexual conduct in exchange for the dismissal of the other first-degree charge.
He is scheduled to be sentenced in August.
More Minnesota News:
- Girl Shot in Face With BB Gun - Rochester Man Pleads Guilty
- Drugs, Cash & Ammo Seized During Search of Wykoff Home
- Rochester Schools Cut Top Level Jobs to Address Budget Gap
6 Photos You Won't Believe Were Taken In Minnesota
Gallery Credit: Unsplash
More From KROC-AM









