Sensational Minnesota And WI Pizza Places Make It To Top 100 In U.S.
Yum Yum! Yelp has recently released its list of the top 100 pizza places in the U.S. and lucky enough it includes a couple from Minnesota and Wisconsin!
Honestly, when in doubt, you can always rely on Yelp and now that they have a list of the 100 top pizza places, I’m definitely gonna have to check them out. Yelp shares that they identified businesses in the pizza category, then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews.
Based on their research and findings, here are the top 10 pizza places in the nation:
- Sapori Di 786 Degrees in Pasadena, California.
- Ciao! Pizza & Pasta in Chelsea, Massachusetts.
- Zeneli Pizzeria & Cucina Napoletana in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Smiling with Hope Pizza in Reno, Nevada.
- Dixie Pizza Wagon in Hurricane, Utah.
- Saverio's Authentic Pizza Napoletana in Massapequa, New York.
- Acqua e Farina by Ciro Esposito in Miami, Florida.
- B+C Pizza in Laguna Niguel, California.
- Toni's Detroit Style Pizza in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina.
- Napoli 1800 Cucina and Pizzeria in Miami, Florida.
Now, where did Minnesota and Wisconsin shops place?
See Also: 5 Best Pizza Places in Southern Minnesota That Will Make You Say Wow
Wisconsin had an outstanding 2 places listed within the 100, which are:
- Santino’s Little Italy, from Milwaukee, WI came in at #46!
- Novanta, from Madison, WI came in at #83
And now the only one from Minnesota within the top 100 pizza places is…
Mama’s Pizza from Saint Paul, Minnesota came in at #62!
The Iconic and beloved restaurant at the corner of Rice Street and Front Avenue in St. Paul’s North End neighborhood opened in 1964.
Noted within an article from Bring Me The News, Mama’s Pizza, owned by Tony Mudzinski unfortunately announced last year that the shop would remain permanently closed to dine-in service. However, they provide carry-out! Yay!
“The restaurant passed to Mudzinski and his two sisters after the death of their mother, Peachie Mudzinski, in 1999. Their uncle, Tony Mangini, founded the business.”
Their menu includes delicious options like Stuffed Shells, their Flavor Explosion Pizza (Sausage, Pepperoni, Bacon, Pineapple & Banana Pepper), and their Hot Diego Italian Sandwich, which comes in the forms of sloppy, cheese, and special. And of course, "Peachier’s Famous Red Sauce" and other family recipes have been used in the Mama's Pizza kitchen for decades and continue today.
While I am a little surprised Punch Pizza didn’t make it to the list, Mama’s still looks delicious as heck, and plus there’s always next year! Please check out Mama’s Pizza whenever you are in the St. Paul area.
All information is credited to blog.yelp.com and bringmethenews.com.