Rochester Murder Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The man accused of a fatal shooting in Rochester about a year and a half ago today entered not guilty pleas to second-degree murder and attempted murder charges.
The criminal complaint against 22-year-old Ty'Jhuan Anderson alleges he shot and killed 18-year-old Mikayal Gordon of Rochester and critically wounded a 20-year-old man when he opened fire in a hallway at the Village of Essex apartment complex on October 30, 2020. A witness to the shooting told Rochester police that an argument broke out in the hallway involving Anderson and the victims and identified Anderson as the shooter.
The court documents also indicated Anderson was in a vehicle that was stopped by police shortly after the shooting was reported. It says an officer stated that Anderson "was belligerent and appeared to be intoxicated" and said he had been at a downtown bar before going to a party at the apartment complex where the shooting occurred.
Investigators later obtained Snapchat videos taken at the party that showed Anderson "drinking heavily and brandishing a pistol that appears to be identical to the pistol located outside of Essex Park." The charges say investigators believe that weapon was used in the shooting.
A trial date for Anderson has not yet been scheduled. He was originally held on $2 million condition bail, which was later reduced to $1 million, and then $250,000. Anderson was released from the Olmsted County Jail on April 19 after posting bond.