Stewartville Area Detour To Begin Monday
Stewartville, MN (KROC AM News) - A nighttime detour is scheduled to begin Monday in the Stewartville area.
Crews are expected to begin removing the southbound Highway 63 bridge that crosses I-90. The project was initially scheduled a week earlier but work was delayed because of the snowstorm that hit the region.
The detour is scheduled to be in effect Monday - Wednesday from 7:00 pm - 5:00 am. Work is being done during overnight hours to minimize the impact on traffic.
Westbound motorists will exit I-90 at Hwy 63 northbound, proceed north to the Hwy 30 west exit at the Rochester Airport, return to Hwy 63 going southbound and follow to I-90 where it rejoins the highway.
Eastbound motorists will exit I-90 at High Forest, follow Olmsted County Road 6 east into Stewartville, then north on Hwy 63 to reconnect to I-90.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation says motorists trying to reach I-90 from Highway 63 during the bridge project will follow these planned detours:
- Northbound Hwy 63 to westbound I-90:
- Motorists go north to the Hwy 30/Olmsted County Road 8 exit at the airport, return to southbound Hwy 63 and connect with westbound I-90 on-ramp.
- Southbound Hwy 63 to eastbound I-90: Motorists travel south to 20th Street and do a U-turn to travel north on Hwy 63 to use the I-90 eastbound on-ramp.
- Westbound I-90 to southbound Hwy 63 follow same route during bridge deck removal.
The northbound Highway 63 bridge at I-90 was replaced last year. Besides installing new bridges, MnDOT says the $15.4-million project includes:
- Hwy 30 west is being rerouted
- some I-90 exit ramps will be added or realigned
- access to 90th Street SE will be closed and rerouted.
News update: Opening statements in the Derek Chauvin trial set to begin Monday.
CHECK THIS OUT: Enchanting 'Wolf House' is the Most Wish-Listed Airbnb in Minnesota