5 Questions People Always Ask When They Find Out I’m From Rochester
It's natural to ask people questions when you find out where they're from. It's a good way to get to know them and the part of the world they come from. Below are the questions I get from people all of the time when they find out I live in Rochester.
- Is is cold there? or Do you get a lot of snow?
Yes and Yes. And quite frankly, the weather (and this question) makes me a little cranky so stop reminding me of winter!
- You guys are right by Canada, right?
Worse.. We're right by Wisconsin!
- Is "Minnesota Nice" a real thing?
Passive-aggressiveness is a real thing in Minnesota.
- Do you work at Mayo Clinic?
No, but pretty much everyone I know does.
- Does everyone there really sound like the people from the movie 'Fargo'?
Uffda! It's funny, people seem genuinely disappointed when I tell them we don't all talk like that.
What questions do you get asked all of the time? Leave a comment below.
Wake Up with Dunken & Samm weekday mornings on 106.9 KROC!