Rochester Shooting Suspect Surrenders to Police
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The Rochester man wanted for a recent shooting at a southeast Rochester apartment complex has surrendered to Rochester Police.
Police Captain Casey Moilanen says 26-year-old Iman Iman came to the Olmsted County Adult Detention Center around 1:30 AM and was booked into the jail on second-degree attempted murder and felony assault charges. The charges are connected to a shooting on August 7th in a hallway at the Meadow Park Apartments that left a 24-year-old man with gunshot wounds to his head, chest and one of his legs.
Iman was formally arraigned on the charges in Olmsted County Court Wednesday morning and his bail was set at $5 million.
The criminal complaint says a witness told investigators he saw Iman and another man standing over the victim in the hallway and Iman was holding a gun. The witness indicated he closed the door and was calling 911 when he heard gunfire. There is also a video recording from a security camera showing Iman running into the apartment building holding what appears to be a gun just before the shooting occurred.
Captain Moilanen says detectives still have not been able to speak to the victim, who remains in critical condition. He says investigators are also still looking for the second man who was at the scene of the shooting.
Iman Iman is the brother of 23-year-old Ayub Iman, who is also an inmate of the Olmsted County Jail. He is charged with aiding and abetting 2nd-degree murder for his alleged involvement in the murder of 28-year-old Garad Roble in early March. A second man, 30-year-old Muhidin Omar Abukar, was charged in the Roble case last week.